4.27.2014

The 焼肉



There is a very nice Yakiniku, Korean BBQ place around my apartment. 

It is a very cozy place with an attentive owner. The meat they use is amazingly authentic. I love all kinds of meat here but these days I am into chicken. They offer ‘sansho’ spices which are commonly used in Japan. Powdered leaves of sansho are used to make noodle dishes and soups mildly hot. But it pairs well with chicken also. Instead of using pepper or sauce, this taste is very new and trendy, so my whole family loves this taste. Plus, their services are the best. 

We tried so many kinds of meat(small portions), all the meat we could possibly think of, and we also had bibimbap in the end.   

Speaking of bibimbap and Korean food, I had the best announcement this week.
This. Is. Amazing. This news brightens up my whole week! Yay!
My best friend Hyo got an award for her dissertation from school. How awesome is that!!!!! I am SO happy for her! We have known each other for more than a decade; she is one of the very few people who knows all the inner details of my life. 
I immediately recognized her as my sister when I was 20 years old. She is the one who taught me how to survive college life, taught me interesting places around the town, she is the very first person who took me to a place to drink when I turned into 21. She is very special. She gives me fresh perspective, provides me comfort. Chatting with her is my therapy. Despite all her busy days, she always welcomes me anytime wherever she is, and she gives her straight and honest comment. 

I am glad that I have a friend like her and I am very happy that she can achieve her goal in a couple of months.


No comments:

Post a Comment