4.22.2014

Green Tea



I drink green tea a lot these days. Green tea is a relaxing, comforting drink. I love green tea. It is a heart-friendly weekday night drink. Well, to be honest, I can drink it in the morning, with lunch, afternoon tea with red bean paste desserts... you know what comes next.

I love everything about green tea. Color, smell, and the fact it's nutritious. I cannot think about my life without it.

I know we all know that green tea is very healthy. But let me give you some nutritional facts one more time here.

One of the surprises is that green tea is full of antioxidants! you may have heard that green tea is packed with antioxidants like grapes, berries, red wine, and dark chocolate etc. Antioxidants in green tea are called catechins, which are super powerful and give us countless benefits. This powerful antioxidant fights cancers, lower blood pressure, helping us to have much smoother skin, and be emotionally lifted.

In case you are wondering, let me tell you the difference between black tea, english tea and green tea.
The process is different, where black tea and english tea are fermented and fully oxidized, green tea is not, thus, green tea is un-oxidized. That is why it keeps the green color as well as grassy taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment